Helichrysum Oil Product Description
Referred to by some as the Everlasting or Immortal Flower, the Helichrysum plant offers several benefits to the skin. With rejuvenating and restorative properties, doTERRA Helichrysum essential oil has many uses, including reducing the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles, providing a soothing sensation for the skin, and promoting a healthy metabolism.* Often used in anti-aging products, Helichrysum oil is best known for the endless applications it holds for improving the skin.
doTERRA ensures the quality of each bottle of oil from plant selection, to harvest, through distillation, and several rounds of CPTG® testing. When you buy essential oils from doTERRA, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that the potency and power of the oil have been preserved and protected—providing you with the highest quality product.
Helichrysum Oil Uses and Benefits
- Known as the Immortal or Everlasting Flower, Helichrysum holds many benefits for skin. With this reputation, Helichrysum is used in many anti-aging products, and can help target aging spots. If you want to enlist the help of Helichrysum essential oil in your anti-aging skincare routine, apply the oil to your face daily to target fine lines and wrinkles. Helichrysum oil can be used to help promote healthy skin cell regeneration and a glowing, youthful complexion. So whether you apply the oil directly to your face or add it to your favorite facial cleanser, it can help give you the glow you need.
- Helichrysum oil may help promote a healthy metabolism.* To take advantage of these benefits of Helichrysum essential oil, take 2 drops Helichrysum essential oil internally. When taking essential oils internally, you can drop them directly into the mouth, add a few drops to a glass of water, or place drops in a doTERRA Veggie Capsule.
- Because of its chemical makeup, Helichrysum essential oil is known to have calming, soothing properties. The presence of chemical components called esters contribute to Helichrysum oil’s calming characteristics—making it the perfect oil for when you want to create a soothing sensation. When your body could use a little pacifying, massage Helichrysum essential oil on the back of the neck for a soothing sensation.
- While Helichrysum oil is well-known for its ability to help in anti-aging efforts, the oil has a myriad of benefits that apply to the skin. When you want to combat acne and promote a glowing complexion, Helichrysum essential oil is a helpful companion that will improve the appearance of the skin. Remember, when applying any essential oil directly to the skin, consider the strength and potency of the oil, as well as your personal skin sensitivity. To avoid skin irritation, consider diluting Helichrysum oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil before applying to the face or body.
- Another use of Helichrysum oil for skin is on those days when you’ve spent a little too much time in the sun. Whether you laid out by the pool for a little too long, or your afternoon hike was sunnier than you expected, Helichrysum essential oil can be used as a sun soother to calm irritated skin. Keep a bottle of Helichrysum on hand when traveling to particularly sunny or warm climates, in case of too much sun exposure.
- Consider adding Helichrysum oil to your wedding day survival kit just in case of blemishes. You don’t want beautiful pictures or a fun celebration to be dampened by a skin imperfection, so keep Helichrysum oil by your side and apply promptly when you notice any skin irritations or blemishes. When you need your skin to look its best, Helichrysum will be there to save the day!
Fun Fact: Helichrysum gets its name from the Greek word helios, which means sun, and chrysos, which means gold. This description refers to the beautiful golden color of the flowers.
A perennial herb, Helichrysum italicum produces golden yellow flower blossoms that have been used in herbal health practices since ancient times in Greece. The golden flowers of this small shrub are used to produce Helichrysum essential oil, using the process of steam distillation. Because of the significant benefits of Helichrysum for skin, it is often referred to as the Everlasting or Immortal Flower.
Chemistry of Helichrysum Oil
Main Chemical Components: Neryl acetate, alpha pinene, y-curcumene
Due to its chemical makeup, Helichrysum oil is characterized as a renewing essential oil. It shares chemical qualities with other renewing oils like Arborvitae, Frankincense, Eucalyptus, and Wintergreen. Helichrysum oil is comprised of a chemical group called esters, which are generally known to be calming, relaxing, and to have balancing effects on mood. Esters can also help reduce the appearance of blemishes when applied topically. Neryl acetate, the ester that is the primary chemical constituent of Helichrysum essential oil, is used in perfumery to impart floral and fruity aromas.
Oils that blend well with Helichrysum oil
When using Helichrysum during your skincare routine, remember that it mixes well with other essential oils that are good for the skin like Melaleuca, Myrrh, Frankincense, and Lavender.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.