Geranium Oil Product Description
Used as a beautifying agent in Ancient Egyptian times, Geranium oil is extracted from the entire geranium plant. The uses and benefits of this beautiful plant are highly versatile and are used to boost the appearance of skin and hair. Geraniums are valued in the perfume industry for their floral scent. Inhaling Geranium oil’s sweet aroma can support emotions by creating a calming and grounding effect. Its aroma can also help lessen feelings of stress and calm nerves. The beautifying properties of Geranium oil can be used to promote healthy-looking hair and skin. When applied topically to the body, this floral oil promotes the appearance of clear skin. The benefits of Geranium can also be in seen in both dry and oily hair and can be used to give hair a vibrant glow. Additionally, the strong chemical components in Geranium oil offer a natural way to repel insect.
With many essential oils on the market, it is sometimes hard to discern which essential oils are truly pure and potent. Finding oils that have a strong purity and potency is crucial because it determines the effectivity of the oil in meeting individual needs. Many oils that are available to buy contain impurities and filler substances. These additives lessen the effect of essential oils and can minimize their potential in fulfilling specific needs. doTERRA knows that a pure and potent essential oil can have life-changing effects and can be extremely influential. For this reason, doTERRA created the CPTG® Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade protocol. This protocol includes a series of rigorous tests that determine the quality of each batch of essential oils. When each batch is found pure and potent, the essential oils are then packaged and sold. These thorough tests give customers the confidence that the doTERRA oils they receive are not only potent and pure, but effective.
Geranium Oil Uses and Benefits
- Enhance your daily skin care routine by adding a little dose of Geranium oil. Use one to two drops of Geranium oil on your face daily to promote a glowing, even skin tone. Geranium essential oil has been cherished for centuries for its skin beautifying benefits, and there is a reason why!
- Geranium oil is ideal for massages. The properties of Geranium oil will help promote the appearance of healthy skin while also providing a grounding and calming effect to emotions. Combine Geranium oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to give your partner a sensual massage.
- Transform the look of your hair by enriching what you put on it. Your shampoo and conditioner may be good, but with the added hair benefits of Geranium oil, it will be even better. Start this transformation by adding a few drops of Geranium oil to your shampoo and conditioner. This addition will give your hair a radiant and healthy glow.
- After a shower, apply Geranium essential oil to your skin to give it a smoothing effect. One of Geranium’s key benefits is promoting the appearance of clear and healthy skin. Take advantage of this powerful benefit by applying Geranium oil to your skin whenever it lacks a healthy appearance.
- Sometimes feelings of stress and anxiousness can get in the way of daily living. For those frustrating or uneasy moments, make sure to use the aromatic benefits of Geranium oil. Place one drop of Geranium oil in the palm of your hands and then rub your hands together. Once you have rubbed the oil in your hands, cup your hands over your nose and mouth and breathe slowly. Doing this will have a calming and grounding effect on your emotions.
- Practice your craft skills and share the sweet, floral scents of Geranium oil by making DIY Potpourri. Simply gather some of your favorite spices, add a couple drops of Geranium and any other favorite essential oils, and place it in a bowl of your choosing. This homemade potpourri is great for adding décor to a room or for using in bathrooms to maintain a constant, pleasant aroma.
- Geranium oil comes in handy when unwanted insects wander into the house. Because of the chemical components found within Geranium oil, Geranium naturally repels insects. Add a drop of Geranium oil to a cotton ball and place it in corners where insects are likely to be found. If you are going to garden outside and are cautious of the insects around you, wear Geranium oil to keep the insects away.
- Due to Geranium oil’s ability to promote healthy-looking hair and skin, Geranium is a great oil to include in many skin and hair products. Add a drop or two of Geranium oil to your DIY hand wash, shampoo, heat protectant, hairspray, conditioner, body wash, detangler, and much more. Adding this one essential oil will give you healthier and more vibrant hair and skin.
The leaves and flowers of a geranium plant are edible and are often used in desserts, cakes, jellies, and teas. In the Victorian era, fresh geranium leaves were used as decorative pieces on formal dining tables and the leaves of the geranium could be consumed as a fresh sprig if desired.
The geranium plant is a fragrant member of the Pelargonium species. Also known as Pelargonium graveolens, this plant is native to South Africa. The plant produces fragrant, green leaves and rose-colored flowers and can reach up to one meter in height. A geranium grows best in full sun and well-drained, fertile soils. doTERRA Geranium essential oil is extracted from the whole plant.
Chemistry of Geranium Oil
Main Chemical Components: citronellol, citronellyl formate, geraniol
One of the primary chemical constituents of Geranium oil is citronellol. Citronellol is a monoterpene alcohol that highly contributes to geranium oil’s ability to repel insects. Another main chemical component found in Geranium oil is geraniol. Geraniol is also a monoterpene alcohol. Recent studies by Egyptian researchers, highlighted by the doTERRA Science blog, suggest that orally ingested geraniol positively affects multiple biochemical pathways in the colon, which helps to maintain the health of colon cells.* To learn more about the chemical components of Geranium oil or other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Geranium Oil
Geranium oil blends well with Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lime, Wild Orange, and Rosemaryessential oils for diffusion.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
$41.33 Regular Price